Doi Inthanon National Park
This magnificent day-tour to Doi Inthanon National Park will take you to the mountainous countryside of Northern Thailand. This well-maintained National Park features different trails and because of the elevation well over 2k above sea level, Doi Inthanon is not too hot either for trekking. Throughout the day, you will visit pagoda temples, explore the highest spot in the Kingdom, see some impressive waterfalls and visit traditional Hmong and Karen hill communities.
Doi Inthanon is spectacularly beautiful and when it comes to “Thailand sustainable travel”, this is it: the many farmer communities on the hills produce whatever fruit is in season and you are welcome to buy some. So whether you are eating gooseberries during the hike, or avocados from Doi Inthanon a few days later, the choice is yours.
WHAT DOES THE ITINERARY TO DOI INTHANON NATIONAL PARK LOOK LIKE?
- Visit the highest spot in Thailand, the summit of Doi Inthanon
- Visit the two Pagodas of the king and queen
- Enjoy an extensive Thai lunch
- Visit the impressive Wachirathan waterfall
- Trek two- to three hours through the jungle and find a stunning hidden waterfall in the middle of the park, along with flower farms and beautiful rice terraces
- The mountain terrace rice fields at Ban Mae Klang Luang
- Karen village at Ban Mae Klang Luang
- The freshest coffee brewing you will ever experience
- An English-speaking guide
- Free entrance to the various sights
What to bring
- Camera (Optional)
- Insect repellent
- A jacket or long sleeves (The weather on the top can be cold, especially in winter)
- Walking shoes or something comfortable enough to walk in for extended periods
Pick up and Drop off time
- pick up from your accommodation 7.00 am-8.00 am
- drop off at your accommodation 5.30 pm-6.30 pm
- This is a join-in tour, so the set time of each activity is an approximation. If you have a flight, bus or train to catch, please let your tour guide know in advance
- Doi Inthanon is decidedly colder than the rest of Thailand, with temperatures falling to zero degrees (32 Fahrenheit) during winter (Dec-Jan).
***There are 12 people in the joined tour and transportation will be by minivan***