VEGETARIANS ARE WELCOME!
Just 17km (10 miles) away from the city gates, the relaxed atmosphere of an organic farm awaits you and your friends. Having recently done a Thai cooking class myself, I highly recommend this activity. Not only is it a great change from the regular sightseeing activities, but a cooking class in Chiang Mai is also the best way to unwind and embed yourself in the local lifestyle. So why not escape the adorable city for a day?
During your cooking class in Chiang Mai, you will learn all about the ingredients, the different spices and herbs, and you will be amazed at the amount of preparation that goes into traditional Thai cooking. You will be taken to our school/farm where you will have the opportunity to pick ingredients with the group, prepare and taste your own food, and eventually, eat your very own prepared meal. The terrace overlooking the fishpond in itself is another attraction and it has to be said – Thai food tastes even better when you prepared it yourself (under the watchful eye of the instructors).
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN A COOKING CLASS IN CHIANG MAI?
• An individual cooking station, along with hands-on experience
• Instruction in English by an accomplished Thai cooking instructor
• You will cook six recipes (one curry paste and five dishes )
• A full-color recipe booklet
• Free herbal tea and drinking water
WHAT DOES THE ITINERARY LOOK LIKE?
• Visit a local market
• Explaining and learning about herbs and ingredients at our organic farm
• Cooking jasmine rice and sticky rice
• Grinding and making your own curry paste from scratch (you choose the spicy level)
• Choose and make one curry paste, one curry and one soup
• Cook a stir-fried noodle dish and sweet dessert according to the recipe of the day
As mentioned previously, vegetarians are more than welcome, as the menu can be easily adapted to vegetarian/vegan style.
Pick up and Drop off time
- pick up from your accommodation 8.30 am-9.00 am
- drop off at your accommodation 4.30 pm-5.15 pm
*** Our join-in classes are suitable for adults and children of 12 years and older ***
Transportation will be taken care of during your cooking class in Chiang Mai.