White Water Rafting and ATV riding – All in one day!
For a Chiang Mai rafting adventure, you have got to be at Maetang river. And with Northern Thailand being rugged and unexplored, it makes perfect sense to add a quad excursion to your adventure as well, for an adrenaline-filled day full of rafting and ATV. ATV stand for All-terrain-vehicle, and these quads can handle some serious terrain.
With a covered distance of 10km (6.2 miles) on water, and another10km (6.2 miles) by ATV this is a true Thailand adventure, giving you ample opportunity for great pictures, movies and shareable content for you and your friends. Maetang river offers the most exciting white water experience in Northern Thailand by far. You will begin your journey at the narrow point of the river with level 4 and 5, meaning white knuckles, wide eyes and turbulent rapids. This beautiful river and its canyon offer an adrenaline rush as you and your friends shoot down the rapids
Once you make it to the end, we will take you to Huay Tung Tao Lake for your ATV excursion. Please do note that there is also a rafting-only trip on offer!
This excursion starts at the base of Doi Suthep Mountain, in the Huay Tung Tao Lake area, which is a famous and picturesque freshwater lake close to Chiang Mai. The guides will assess your level of riding, and set up the perfect course for you and your friends, whether you are looking to challenge yourself, family fun, a child and female-friendly route (physically less demanding), or an absolute beginner course. Expect to be taken through a 10km (6.2 miles) jungle path.
- White water rafting at Maetang river Chiangmai
- 10 Km. of Rafting
- 10 Km. of ATV riding
|Type:||Rafting 4 people + 1 Guide per boat|
|Duration:||1-2 Hr. on raft up to the rapid.|
|Not Allowed:||Pregnant women, Child under 7 yrs., People with heart problems|
- Transportation from the city hotel to the river
- Injury Insurance covering 1.000.000 THB.
- A local guide
- Protection gear
- Lunch and drinking water
What to bring
- Towel, Shampoo and Soap
- Insect repellent
- Change of Clothes
- We advise you to bring about 500 THB for snacks, beer money and possible tips.
What not to bring
- All valuable items such as rings, earrings, watches, passports, bracelets, wallets, mobile phones and cameras (GoPRos at your own risk).
What to wear
- Shorts, T-shirt, Flip-flops and a small backpack.
- This is a join-in tour, meaning you may be grouped with other people
- We classify children as aged between 7 and 11 years old