Doi Inthanon National Park
This magnificent 1-day tour to Doi Inthanon will take you to the mountainous national park outside Chiang Mai. After a brief ride, your guide will take you past the different sights like pagoda temples, the highest spot of the Kingdom, waterfalls and a traditional Hmong and Karen hill community. As one of the favourite projects of the late King Rama 9, Doi Inthanon is meticulously preserved by local authorities and the gardens, jungle walkways and countless other attractions are tastefully designed and maintained.
The photographs of the two pagodas don’t do them justice, as their size is their most impressive feature. Bring your camera, as this tour will present many different photo opportunities, whether it is the falls, the jungle paths, a shrine, flower beds or the view over a layer of clouds. Doi Inthanon is spectacularly beautiful and as far as “Thailand sustainable travel” goes, this is it: the farmers on the hills produce whatever fruit is in season and you are welcome to buy some to take back to Chiang Mai with you, whether it is coffee, gooseberries or avocados at bottom prices.
WHAT DOES THE ITINERARY TO DOI INTHANON NATIONAL PARK LOOK LIKE?
Please take into account that these are approximate times and that the guide can switch around these activities, depending on the level of visitors in the National park.
07:00 – 07:30 am Pick up at your accommodation
09:45 – 10:00 am Visit Wachirathan waterfall (30mins)
10:55 – 11:10 am Visit the highest spot in Thailand, the summit of Doi Inthanon (20mins)
11:35 – 11:50 am Visit the two Pagodas of the King and Queen (40mins)
12:35 – 12:50 pm Stop Hmong’s market (15mins)
01:00 – 01:10 pm Lunch (30mins)
01:45 pm Trek 2 or 3 hours through the jungle and discover hidden waterfalls, flower farms and rice terraces
03:45 pm Departure from Doi Inthanon
05:30 – 06:30 pm Drop off at your accommodation
- An English-speaking guide
- Entrance to the various sights
- Convenient transportation
- A great lunch with several choices of food
What to bring
- Camera (Optional)
- Insect repellent
- A jacket or long sleeves (The weather on the top can be cold, especially in winter)
- Walking shoes or something comfortable enough to walk in for extended periods
Pick up and Drop off time
- pick up from your accommodation 8.00 am-8.30 am
- drop off at your accommodation 5.00 pm-6.00 pm
- This is a join-in tour, so the set time of each activity is an approximation. If you have a flight, bus or train to catch, please let your tour guide know in advance
- Doi Inthanon is decidedly cooler than the rest of Thailand, with temperatures falling to zero degrees (32 Fahrenheit) during winter (Dec-Jan).
***There are 12 people in the joined tour and transportation will be by minivan***