Pai day trip
Pai is a small and remote Thai village near the Myanmar border, which has seen an influx of Western and Chinese tourists over the last few years. The laid back atmosphere, its green hills, cheap prices and the beautiful mountainous area is what makes a Pai day trip a unique activity when you are in the North.
Many visitors who come to Thailand often observe just how different Chiang Mai is from the rest of Thailand, and Pai definitely takes another step in that direction. Think of the slow life where everyone functions at a different beat in Pai.
If you decide to go on this trip, you will get to see some of the local sights with historical significance, including the memorial bridge. Built by the Japanese, it helped to supply Myanmar during the 2nd World War and similar to the bridge over the river Kwai, the structure enjoys a lot of attention from foreign tourists.
Apart from several smaller temples, you will also get to see Santichon, the small community of Ethnic Chinese who settled in Thailand. Their area is so small that the name “Chinatown” really shouldn’t stick, but it is a remarkable little bubble of Chinese culture just outside Pai nonetheless.
So, What’s included in the trip?
- Transportation ( from Chiang Mai to Pai and from Pai to Chiang Mai)
- A guide
- Memorial Bridge
- Visit Love Pai Love Strawberry
- Santichon Village
- More fun with Local swing
- Visit Coffee In Love and Baan Pai Fah Pai Fun
- Relax at Mari Pai
- Wat Num Hoo
- Wat Phra That Mae Yen
- Pai Canyon
- Pai Wan ( Pink House )
Pick up and Drop off time
- pick up from your accommodation 7.00 am-7.30 am
- drop off at your accommodation 5.00 pm-6.00 pm
- This is a join-in tour, and the time of each activity is only an approximation. If you have a flight to catch or need to be somewhere at a specific time, it makes sense to notify your tour operator in advance.
***There is a maximum of 12 people in these joined tours, and transportation is by minivan***